Felt bad about that long-missing tooth of yours? Seeking dental treatment is indeed a wise step. Dental implants are screw-like structures inserted in your jawbone and covered with a crown to give a natural look. You can get one if you have a decayed tooth or a missing one. It is quite an effective way to boost your confidence and chewing ability.
Keep reading to know more about dental implants!
The Dental Implant Procedure
You might be scared to sit in the dental chair and allow a screw to be inserted into your jawbone. However, it is not as painful as you might have imagined it to be. Keep reading to know more about how the dentist inserts an implant.
- At first, the dentist will examine your mouth and deem you eligible for an implant only if your jawbone is healthy enough to support it.
- If everything goes well, the decayed tooth would be removed, and an implant would be planted in your jawbone.
- Once the implant is inserted, the wound would be allowed to recover.
- The dentist might also cover the implant with a temporary cap to protect the implant from any disturbance.
- It would take a couple of weeks till you become eligible for the next step.
- Once they recover, an extension would be added to it, requiring uncovering the implant.
- The process might take longer than stated, depending on the recovery time your body needs.
- The tooth would finally be covered with a crown, attached using a small metal post called an abutment.
- After the procedure, the dentist would prescribe some medicines and would ask you to be gentle around the operated area.
These steps are the general procedure of getting an implant. However, it depends on individual requirements and recovery rate. Therefore, consult your dentist to get a clear picture of the procedure for yourself.
Dental Implants are the Best!
Well, dentistry claims that dental implants are best due to the following reasons:
- Their design- They are designed to give a natural look.
- Durable- They can last up to 15 years if taken proper care of.
- High attainment rate- They can be cleaned and taken care of just like natural teeth.
- Minor side-effects- They have little to no side-effects. The minor ones which can occur in rare cases can be dealt with easily.
- Minimal Recovery time- In a couple of weeks, you could devour your favorite crisp or chewy dishes.
There are numerous other benefits of implants. These are just a few to give you an idea of how successful this treatment is.
So, being thorough about the procedure and the benefits of a dental implant, we hope you would be able to choose wisely for yourself.
Never hesitate to consult your dentist because, believe us, they are no monsters to your dental needs. They would ensure the best care for your teeth and gums. To confirm, book your appointment to see it for yourself!